Insects (beautiful photos)

Bugs are beneficial. I don't like to label others as pests as everything God has created has its divine purpose. I'll put it this way, we can be pests. I'm sure when I start digging around in the soil, pulling up weeds and planting seeds and I'm disturbing some poor little fellows home and family.


The above is a red ant. I've noticed they seem to love okra. I found myself stepping into more ant mounds around okra this summer. I've been bit quite few times. They really hurt when they sting and the bites can take a long time to heal. I've learned the hard way to dress properly. I try always to wear my boots, gloves and long sleeves.


As time goes by we'll post photos of the beneficial and the pests. Some I can identify and others unidentifiable. If it's listed as unknown and you can identify it, please contact us and let us know. In the meantime, here are a few photos. 


Look carefully. Can you see the bug approaching the flower? This is a photo I'm really proud of. Being able to catch him suspended in mid-air. Not sure what it is. It looks like a hornet. If you can identify it, contact us. We'd be happy to know.
Tomato horn worm
The guys can devastate tomato plants


Tomato horn worms can grow from 4 - 5 inches in length