Staking tomatoes

When staking my tomatoes I used 1x2x8 pieces of lumber and for irrigation 
I attached a 1" pvc pipe to each stake using plastic ties. I drilled a small hole (at an angle) at the bottom of each pipe. I used the pipes for irrigation. It works really well when you don't have the hose irrigation and for quickly watering your plants.
This is my niece Michaela looking for tomato hornworms. She and I would go out early in the morning to catch them. Our hard work really paid off. We hardly had any damage at all this summer from hornworms or other pests.
You can usually find them tucked under the leaves. They can do tremendous damage to tomato plants. They look like green caterpillars.















These are "Super Sweet 100" cherry tomatoes". This stake is 8ft in height.
They grew in wonderful clusters. I liked how you could pick handfuls and just toss them in salads and easy to freeze. Just rinse, toss in zip lock bags and freeze.