How to transplant peppers


I prefer raised beds for certain vegetables as they give me more control of the soil and are easier to maintain.


Today, I'm going to transplant peppers from the south side of the garden to the northside into a mini hoop house, with the hopes of extending their growing season through the winter. 








Peppers I'm about to transfer to raised beds.

This bed to the left is being prepared for my peppers. I'm going to transfer them from the front area of the farm into the raised bed, which will be a hoop house for them over the winter.















Some of the peppers (jalapenos) I grew in containers all summer. I'm transplanting
these also into the raised beds.




Look carefully at this photo. I'm actually placing a bell pepper plant I just dug up on the raised bed using my shovel. I didn't want to disturb the plant too much by putting it in the wheel barrow, picking it up again, etc. etc. 



Whew! Okay, they're all dug up and ready to go into the bed.









Here's my compost from I made this year. This is my first time using the compost I made. I started it last fall.





For each of the plants, I dug a small well, put some of the compost in and mixed well.










All done. Boy what a work out. Now all that's left is to clean up.