Make a easy chicken tractor





























I built my own chicken tractor/hoop house. I did not have any specific dimensions, plans or measurements to go by. I just pretty much "eye balled" the whole thing. I used 1' x 2' x 8's. Each tractor is 8' x 4' feet. 



PVC piping was fastened to the sides with pipe fittings for pvc pipes and then the entire coop was covered with chicken wire. It is "bottom less". This allows me not only to use the tractor for the chickens to free range with protection, but to lay over raised beds to keep out predators.  Later in the fall I can cover it with plastic which will act as a "mini hoop house" for the fall vegetables. I used 6mm plastic I purchased from a local home improvement store for the covering. 




mini hoop house, hoop house, chicken hoop house, chicken coop, hoop houses, chicken tractor, portable chicken coop tractor,

No comments: