How to make a mini hoop house


Mini hoop houses can help you protect your crops from predators and poor weather. This hoop house has the pvc piping fastened to the sides of the raised bed.













The frame below will serve as a portable hoop and chicken tractor. I've made the dimensions to fit over my raised beds. Rather than fastening the pvc to the actual raised beds, these are portable and will fit pretty much right inside the beds. I simply lift them over whatever beds I choose or use them for a portable chicken tractor.  


























The pullets in this photo are in a hoop house I built covered with chicken wire. The chicken wire adds extra support to the frame and plastic sheeting when needed.
Notice I have tarp covering a portion of the hoop. It keeps the chickens cool in the summer and makes the coop cozy.





Here are some photos I found online of hoop houses.
Sizes can vary from very small 4x4 hoops to huge housing structures.












No comments: